Thread: Saw Stop problem or Me problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saw Stop problem or Me problem

My fairly new Infinity General (purpose) blade was not cutting as well as it did when new a few months ago. I decided I would remove it from my Saw Stop PCS and clean the teeth.

Being careful is my new mantra in my dotage, so I unplugged the saw, removed the blade, and cleaned it. Outside in the rain, too. When done, I was careful to dry it thoroughly, including using a hair dryer to make sure no water was in the nooks and crannies. Then, I reinstalled the blade, and plugged in and fired up the saw. It didn't run.

The red and green light flashed alternately. Never had a problem before, so I dug out the manual to see what the code might be that they are flashing. A quick scan of the flashing light codes said to turn the switch off. OK, went back to the saw, turned the switch off then on again...same thing. Unplugged, waited a few, plugged in, turned on switch and same lights. Tried the overload button also with no luck. Getting late, so I went to bed.

Next morning, I tried it a couple more times with the same result, and finally went back to the manual and read it carefully this time. It said turn off the PADDLE SWITCH, and I had been turning on and off the small power switch. Well that made no sense, since I had never turned the paddle switch on. Why would I turn the paddle switch on when the power switch was yelling danger!

Anyhoo, I goes back to the saw, check the paddle switch, and I'll be doggoned (hint) if it wasn't on after all. Now, I absolutely know I never turned on the paddle switch. After a lot of looking at it, my hound dog comes up wanting to be petted.

That's when it hit me. When I was removing the blade to clean it, Pepper had squeezed between me and the front of the saw, looking for attention. She just happens to be the right height to flip the paddle from the back if she does that.

Problem solved. Pepper cleans the next blade.

20161129_154538.jpg

Moral of the story: Read the instructions, don't just scan them. Can't blame the mutt for that.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 03-15-2020 at 3:07 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.