Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
I can’t as I am ignorant.

I only know of there bring two from spending. Out less hours over the last few years reading everything I can find online about these machines. Most of it by way of yourself, joe and Dave.

I can not get pictures again till next week but my setup looks like joes on the backside of the door. But just behind the inner hinge is a box with wires going to and from the oil holder pump on the backside of the door. I didn’t look close enough to fully even begun to understand what is going on as I have had like zero time. I just assumed that box with wires must mean I have the electronic pump.

I’m not sure what one would be best but my gut tells me electronic anything is always bad.
Pics please!!! Mine has the same oil bath as Peter's which is actually not what I thought it would be at all. There's no impeller at all. As far as I can understand its centrifugal force of the cup spinning at the bottom of the quill that "slings" the oil out and up to the top of the upper bearing. I know they can fail.... but having looked it over my thought is the failures are likely either from running dry, or too much gunk built up over time. Hence I would never convert to a sealed bearing.

Anyway if it had been an oil bath I would have recommend a full quill tear down to remove all the gunk that accumulates over decades. I don't know anything about how your machine works though so????

JeffD