Thread: Truck suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't underestimate the capability of the smaller engines in the mid-size offerings. These new generation 4 cylinder engines are pretty impressive, especially those with turbo. While it's not a pickup, my Subaru Ascent has a 2.4L TT engine (regular fuel) and its performance acceleration is anecdotally on par with the 5.7L Hemi V8 that was in my previous Grand Cherokee which was only about 500 lbs heavier. And I get about 27 mpg on the highway which is pretty decent for a vehicle just under 5000 lbs.

I also agree with Mr. King about getting out and test driving as many different options as possible so you can ascertain what feels the best for you in size, comfort and performance based on your own needs. I'm a RAM and Tundra fan for larger pickups, but that's just my own preferences. I've no experience with any of the mid-sized products but the Tacoma, Canyon and Ranger are all worthy. (Although I'd not even look at a Ford right now because of how a close friend has been treated relative to a major problem that's put her family in jeopardy multiple times recently...not going to go into that here, however)
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-19-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...