I am hoping someone out there can assist. After researching and deciding on the G0634XP Combination Jointer/Planer, I placed an order with Grizzly in late August. The machine was back ordered and we had some shipment delays. I finally received it the first week of October and anxiously set it up and started making some sawdust. To my dismay, the outfeed roller on the planer was leaving a pattern of dots in the wood. I’m not sure why, but the outfeed roller is a spring loaded knurled steel roller. I backed off the spring tension to zero and still got some marks. I’ll try to attach photos. I called Grizzly. I’ve never had issues with their product and found them solid and reputable. The first thing they told me was I had the wrong outfeed roller. The one on their show room floor was not knurled. Then a week later, they said it was the right one – they had changed the design. They would check with the engineers at the factory and get back to me. It has been several weeks and they say they are still waiting for the response but no one else has had this problem. So I’m in limbo. I splurged on a machine that is sitting idle because I can’t get a smooth surface from it.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions on getting this resolved? As of now, Grizzly hasn’t been responsive. I don’t understand why they would make the outfeed roller with such an aggressive pattern. It defeats the purpose of those nice spiral carbide cutters. Have I missed something in setup? I’m sickened that I’ve spent so much money and this beast is just sitting there.
outfeed marks.jpgoutfeed roller.jpg