I have used this machine for about 10-12 years. It works well. Lately I have been doing a bunch of work with yellow birch (Western). This wood can have real squirrely grain,sometimes switching completely in the same piece. I am getting a lot of tearout because of the grain. My knives are freshly sharpened ( I have 4 sets). It is a pain changing knives on this machine because of the motor on top. So I am trying to decide if I should install a Byrd head or some other or just get a different planer. 15'' is working for me,my jointer is 16'' . I have thought of going to a 20'' planer if I switch to another machine,honestly not sure I need it. I am building cabinets and furniture in my shop as a business. What say you guys ? Would a 20'' planer like the Grizzly 1033z with 5h.p. motor be a machine that would work well for me ? Used is definitely something that I will look for. I have a rotary phase converter so three phase is fine as long as it is 230v. Any standout used machines that are targets would be appreciated as well. Mike.