Ok... I know I could find a replacement lever cap without too much trouble ... but you know how it goes....I was wondering if any Neanders have successfully tried to remove the rivet that attaches the spring plate to the body of the lever cap. Sometimes I run into a lever cap with a tired spring plate that looks like someone pulled on it so hard it just hangs out there not supporting the lever. I am assuming the plate is spring steel... please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, I recently ended up with one of these over sprung plates and decided to try to replace it. When I tried to remove the rivet, it absolutely would not move. I assume one would tap it out from top surface of the cap body to bottom since there is a head on the bottom end of the rivet. I tried tapping with the usual force, even tried heat and penetrating oil... no movement. I finally drilled it out and got a clean hole, but for future attempts I am wondering if one can drive it out... anyone know how these were assembled .... I assume the body is cast material and surely Stanley wouldn't want to press a rivet in so tight it could risk cracking the body. It is like the rivet and lever cap body welded together over time. This particular lever cap was just over 100 years old. Thoughts?