Peter,

I purchased a 5 gallon container of Zepp industrial degreaser last week. It’s also purple. I didn’t read the label and just thought degreaser how bad could it be. I dropped a part in and my glove was not tall enough to not fill with the liquid.

Holly crap my flesh felt like it was melting. I went washed my hands and then proceeded to clean parts with it by straying it on. The slightest amount in my skin a -Nd I was rushing to the bathroom to wash it off. I actually just used the stuff over the last two days to strip the trunion and all its parts. Some I soaked and some I sprayed it on and used various abrasives.

But man the first piece I left in the stuff overnight had no paint on it the next day.

Serious stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
I have had really good luck with cleaning stuff with a product called Purple Power. You can buy it at Walmart in the automotive section in 2 1/2 gallon jugs, or a Tractor supply, or some auto parts stores carry it.
Fill a plastic tote with it, put parts in. Leave a few hours or overnite, pull out and rinse, then paint.
Be careful, as it is a liquid solution of Lye.
It WILL dissolve your skin!
DAMHIKT!
Use gloves.
It will eat away at any oils, greases, most paints, and any organics.
I use it because I am lazy- no time for sandblasting. It works while I am working.