What awesome responses!!!

I've since turned some of my more common 12/13" drier bowls without the same problem occurring. If, however, I take some of these same 13" bowls and change the belt to the higher RPM range and max out the speed, they will sometimes do the same thing. This tells me that the VFD DELTA S1 is really just doing its job, as David and Bill explained above.

Since i harvest my own Walnut, Cherry, Hickory and Oak from my neighborhood when builders clear lots, I rough turn a lot of heavy wet hardwood. I probably have more occasions for my VFD to do correctly what it does than the average turner. I did email Laguna Customer service the info I posted for the thread. No reply yet.

A side note: Builders cannot just clear trees in the county I live in, Beaufort County SC. If a tree is more than 8" in Diameter as shown on the initial lot survey, you have to have a reason to take it out, such as necessary for placement of the house. If Its a special tree like a Live Oak, You have to mitigate. My neighborhood is covered with Live Oaks, here on the Coast.

Thanks to you all,
Joe Porter