Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
If I had sounded like a Festool salesman, I would have recommended the Kapex for carpentry and job site work.

How did I know one does not need a Kapex to do carpentry? Because I have seen good work done in homes (including mine) by trade people using anything but the Kapex. Good work done using Dewalt, Makita, Ridigd, etc. etc.

By the way, I did not say you can't use a Kapex for job site work...in fact, many trade people in the EU do.

Simon

Yep, more sales speak.

How come you “need” a Kapex for your shop? Guess you haven’t seen good work done there with a Dewalt,Ridgid,Makita, huh ?

You’re right, you didn’t say one can’t use a Kapex for sight work. No one said you did. But you’re talking outa both sides of your mouth when you opine that a site carpenter doesn’t need a Kapex but a shop guy can benefit from one.

Like a salesman.

Anyone can use whatever tool they want wherever. That’s kinda obvious. What I am saying is : for those considering rolling the dice on a Kapex; it’s just as well suited for sitework as it is for stationary shop work.

- and -

One can do fine work either place without a Kapex. I’ve done it both places with and without a Kapex.