My local papers renewal notice I received contains small print language saying by renewing I am agreeing that I will pay from two dollars up to five dollars for so called "Premium Editions" as frequently as twice a month. Each charge will reduce my renewal term a length equivalent to the "Premium Edition" charge. The "premium editions are likely to be inserts included with the regular paper delivery although that's isn't clear. There is no option to "opt out." Wondering if other members who subscribe to local paper have seen this. I understand and empathise with newspapers financial condition and I also realize most of their income is ad revenue. I've subscribed for close to 50 years but this marketing method simply rubs me the wrong way. It also seems unethical that it's only included in the fine print located on the back of the notice. On the front it merely says my subscription term is "up to six months." I am disinclined to purchase such a pig in a poke over which I have zero control of cost or content.
Anyone else run into anything similar?