Thread: Just another box build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steven,

I liked the way you clamped the panel up to the side of the bench, 2nd from the bottom picture of the 11/11 post at 11:15 PM.

I still think about how I want my first real work bench, with vises and all, to be, and looking at that clamp up made me think on that more. It is good to have a place like that for clamping on the bench, so that was a good thing to think about and learn from.

As always a "real" workbench is a long way down the road. Still no shop, and none for a while to come. Right now it is "need to do carpentry" as usual...currently rebuilding the deck. Right now it is about 38 degrees outside, so I won't be able to do the painting that needs to be done on the last set of railing and on the steps I put together yesterday....not all that much fun to work out there in the cold anyway.

Even if I wanted to work on something both of my current workbenches (both sets of sawhorses) are tied up holding the railing and steps that have one coat of paint on one side of them. I may go outside and install two sets of completed railing on the deck later though, but it is supposed stay in the upper 30s all day.

At any rate am enjoying the build, and was glad to notice how you clamped that one panel up, I just had not thought about using a bench in that exact way.

Looks like the weather up there isn't that great to go out in up there either. We had 4" or so of snow on the deck Monday morning when I headed to work, but it had melted off and I took a few hours off from work to assemble and paint while the temperature was in the 50s to low 60s and was nice outside to work. I may get some more paint on over the Thanksgiving holidays, but all the grandkids will be here, so I don't know.

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 11-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.