Whenever I bring my shop vac indoors to clean up from a "project", I find myself wanting something similar for indoor use - it moves a TON of air, which seems very handy for dusting, vacuuming hardwood floors, powering turbo carpet brushes, etc.

I had tried using my Festool CT-Mini for this, but subjectively it felt like it moved no where near as much air.

I had access to a thermal anemometer, so took measurements of my Ridgid 14 gal shop vac (with aftermarket HEPA filter)(vac is rated 180 CFM by Ridgid), and my Festool CT-Mini (rated 130 CFM by Festool). I used both a 2.5" diameter hose and the Festool 32/27mm tapered hose on both.

Here's the results:
vac_plot2.jpg

Note that I only measured over the range of 0-15" static pressure, because if you're using one of these as a vacuum, you're trying to move air (not lift bowling balls), so I don't see the point of taking measurements at 0 CFM and 100"....

Both vacs had new bags / clean filters.

I'm disappointed at the result, to be honest. I was thinking of buying another Festool vac for general shop clean up (to replace the Ridgid), but the Ridgid moves significantly more air (and is a fraction of the price). And it has an aftermarket HEPA filter. I really wish some company would build a vacuum with as much suction power as the Ridgid, but with a 1gal container!

For completeness, I also took measurements of other household vacuums I had access to. For these, I used a smaller-diameter measuring tube (~1", instead of 2"):

vac_plot1.jpg

Interesting results here are that the Makita backpack vacuum is comparable to the little dustbuster/stick vacuum. And with this lower SP range and using the 32/27mm hose, the Festool and Ridgid are comparable (which the other plot indicates, as well).

So I guess I'm keeping the Ridgid for cleaning the cars, shop, etc.