Well..."Rasselled" a rail down to the shop...some how got it trimmed down for length....and width. notches were a tad too tight..
IMG_4349 (640x480).jpg
Little short "rail" is set up to just keep this heavy thing from falling over on to someone...namely me. Design changed....this is too heavy to be trying to slide dovetails together, and adding post to a rectangle...will glue and screw the head and foot board rails in place. Lags, two per corner, will attach the long side rails. counter-bored and with a washer. Counter-bored and plugged screws for the head and foot board rails.
IMG_4347 (640x480).jpg
Clamping this monster up will be a bear...hope I have enough clamps...waiting on the plywood panel to get padding and fabric, so I can install it in this frame...may go ahead and complete the foot board.
Notches were for a 1 x 10 at 9-3/8" wide.....these boards seem to have gotten a tad fat..now are 9-1/2" wide. That short rail, is actually a cutoff...had to plane the excess off..to get it to fit..
shavings.jpg
wasn't in the mood for see-through stuff..
jack plane.jpg
Millers Falls No. 14 jack Plane...no camber. took a while just the same...
Maybe Tuesday, I can try to haul another 2 x 10 x 8' to the shop, and trim it to size.....but, will simply notch as needed.
Been a long day...stay tuned...