Thread: Online Inventories

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Online Inventories

I really hate it when the online inventories at stores are so absurdly off that you make a trip to get something, only to find they never had it in the first place. So I needed to get a concrete mixing tub, I get on Lowes' website and it says they have 39 in stock in a certain aisle and bin. So off I go to Lowes and... not only do they have none, the spot where they're supposed to be is filled with something else entirely. I ask the guys at the commercial register and they're saying "I don't know the last time we had any of those, we've had concrete footers sitting right there for years."

So I run across the street to Home Depot because their website says they have 3. The shelf is empty. They don't know why their count is off either. Yes, it is possible that someone bought all of them since the counts were updated, but we know that nobody bought 39 of them today at Lowes and I kind of doubt they bought 3 of them at Home Depot. There's another store about 5 miles away that is supposed to have 50 of them. I guess I'll have to try there.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-18-2018 at 9:23 PM.