I've been a proud owner of a SawStop ICS (industrial version) table saw for a number of years, and have had nothing but a great experience with the saw and their customer service. This is the first time I've had somewhat of an issue but it's probably "user error", so I'm turning to the forums to see what your opinions are.

I have aligned the blade to the miter slot before but only at 90 degrees and now I wanted to see/align it at 45 as well. I had no problem realigning the blade again at 90 but when I went to check how it was at the 45 degree tilt, I found that the back side of the blade was out by about 0.01 (relative to the right side miter slot, it was out and away from the slot towards the left). I went to the manual and try to follow it to align the blade to the tilt angle (pg 53 in the ICS manual). I'm an engineer by day and, to be honest, this section I found very confusing and counter-intuitive. It tells you to tap on one side of a V-bracket that connects the rear elevation shaft to the rear of the trunnion. I think you have to tap on the other side of this V-bracket than what manual says, but let's not even focus on that for a moment.

I called SawStop support to try to get some clarity on how to properly do it and the tech basically told me that I'd better not mess with the V-bracket at the back of the trunnion and also that their "tolerance" for the blade alignment at 45 degrees is 12 thou, so it's within that and I shouldn't even bother.

Now, I'm not one to be chasing perfection just for the sake of perfection, but I'd like to build some casework with miter joins at the corners and I think that much of a misalignment at 45 will show up on the wide cross cuts when I put the two pieces together.

Has anybody done this on a SawStop? I know other cabinet saws have to have their tables shimmed at either the front or the back to get this alignment correctly but the SawStop manual advises this other method. Should I even bother? Is this much misalignment really acceptable?