Hauled that 1 x 10 to the shop....knot was a big one..
IMG_3586 (640x480).jpg
Found a decent stretch on the plank that did not have a knot, nor a split. Thought I would try a different handsaw..
IMG_3588 (640x480).jpg
But, Mr. Richardson needs a sharpening, apparently.....some other time...went back to the Disston..
IMG_3589 (640x480).jpg
Two cuts, have a clear stretch of pine...I needed to add a strip to one edge..cut a matching 1 x 4...then clamped the two together..
IMG_3592 (640x480).jpg
Jointed the edges to match each other...then a bead of glue, and a few clamps, and a caul..
IMG_3593 (640x480).jpg
Decided to cut a couple stiles out of the remains of Knotty-wood....tried a rip cut on the bandsaw, trying for a 3/4" x 1-5/8" x 3'....first cut wasn't too hateful.... second cut... did not go too well...it knocked the blade off the wheels thinking I had broke the blade I went Olde School to finish the rip cut..
IMG_3597 (640x480).jpg
Got my Cardio for today....clamped both stiles together, and jointed the edge to match each other, with a square edge..
IMG_3598 (640x480).jpg
Getting worn out. Too much Cardio today Took the bandsaw apart, blade didn't break, re-installed it...cuts fine.
Maybe tomorrow, I can work a bit on the top, and the face frame. trying to get this done, before the 29th.....will see the Brain Doctor then. Then find out what they are going to do. Would like to get this done, before then.
Stay tuned...