Thread: Glowforge release

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henry3424 View Post
    So far as I can tell, all of the stuff Matt has been posting here is available for reading on the GF forum.

BTW, there is an ongoing discussion in the forum about whether or not the International buyers will have to pay VAT on the stuff that they got from GF, like the $150 of free ProofGrade. As is typical GF is silent on this. Must be another of those secret things that another company might steal or that hasn't made it through the patent process yet.
    Yes they will, gifts have a commercial value even if it is given away freely. That isn't a guess either, EU tax (VAT) laws are very clear on this.They will also have to pay duty if the value is over £135 although duty under £9 is waived. VAT will have to be paid if the value is over £39.

2.2 Do I have to pay import duties and/or import VAT on goods sent to me?

Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU are liable to any or all of the following taxes:

• Customs Duty
    • Excise Duty
    • import VAT

and must be paid whether:

• you purchase the goods or receive them as a gift
    • the goods are new or used (including antiques)
    • the goods are for your private use or for re-sale
    Also the gift ruling only applies person to person, business to person the entire value is subject to VAT and there is no lower end value assigned.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...outside-the-eu
    Last edited by Dave Sheldrake; 03-03-2018 at 7:42 PM.
    You did what !