Thread: Mountain Scene double gates

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mountain Scene double gates

Hi
    I thought I’d share with you a hand plasma cut and plannished double gate I did for a client a few years ago. The frame was made by Neil Tait and the letters were cut by a friend Murray that has a CNC. But the scene was done by me.

I created templates to lay on the steel to cut to size from my drawings that I had done to scale. Then the sections of the scene are all hand plasma cut with a ( Chinese Cut 50 ) and from 16ga ( 1.2mm cold rolled ) plate.
    Then the plannishing begins! A whole lot of hammering! I used a assortment of hammers and gum tree stump that I cut grooves and recesses into create the shape I was after.
    Then all the pieces are 2 pac primered and painted then welded together ( Lincoln Pro Mig 175 ) . Then all the welded areas are repainted. It was discussed with the client about powder coating or dipping to seal the gates but it was decided to paint and any rust stains would compliment the scene. Also there’s a pic of the pedestrian gate in the same theme that I also did for the client.

Thanks for looking. Regards Richard Yates

r_yates_2.jpg r_yates_3.jpg
    r_yates_4.jpg r_yates_5.jpg
    r_yates_6.jpg r_yates_7.jpg r_yates_8.jpg
    r_yates_9.jpg
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 01-25-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: photos