Thread: TL-403 Controller U Axis Reversal Remedy?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never worked correctly since day one, wonder why it was not addressed under Warranty?

Get it setup so when you start or reset the table goes level with the top of the frame or whatever your using for a Zero level. Adjust micro switches or software as needed. Make a manual focus tool (spacer) or have the user make one as their first project and manually focus from that. Having auto focus and a lot of new users is a accident waiting to happen. Having taught for 12 years I can tell you that from experience. Granted they were suppose to be HS grads... before they got into my classes, but you would be surprised.

Added later: Does the laser head move up & down in some way?

You have both a Z axis and U axis? Two motors , two controllers?

The U axis is the only motor with both upper and lower limit switches and would make sense that would be table up/down. So where is the Z motor? Wrong the U axis moves the head up and down for focus according to the manual page 84.

Seems difficult to understand 4 axis on a laser engraver. U according to the info I found above U was for moving the head up and down for focus, therefore Z must be the table, IF the machine does indeed have 4 stepper motors.
    Pictures would be nice, and there is lots of setup info near the end of the manual, those could be set wrong?
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-11-2018 at 9:39 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10