Thread: Older Craftsman Professional vs. Newer Delta Table Saw

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Older Craftsman Professional vs. Newer Delta Table Saw

<p>
    I have a dilemma. I have two saws and I need to sell one of them. I will attempt to upload a pic of each. One is a Craftsman Professional that is about 10 years old. The guy I got it from said it was a $1500 saw brand new. I picked it up for $200 with a few other things. It seems nice. Has the better Biesemeyer fence, heavy duty. This is the good. The bad is there is a vibration.&nbsp; It may be the arbor. When I hold a piece of wood over the lowered blade, about 3 in. of the blade scrapes the bottom of the wood. The Delta is similar if not the same that comes from Lowes for $600 or so. It is practically new. I like it because I can roll it out of the garage and keep the dust outside. It is a strong saw. Downside is that my fence adjustments dont always stay. The other issue is that when I am ripping lumber, I cant keep it up against the fence after the blade. After the blade, wood will be about 1/8 in. off of the fence. My dad says thats normal and isnt a big deal, but that doesn&#39;t add up to me.</p>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scott Adams; 12-02-2017 at 4:21 AM.