Hi guys,

I've recently (last 18 months) gone a little gang-busters on hand tools, have nearly everything I see myself needing/wanting and find myself with a need to adequately house all of these treasures.

I'm going to build a wall hanging tool cabinet soon (straight after I finish my masters) and thought I'd get some inspiration from you guys if you would indulge me.

I saw a thread from about 6 years ago with some examples of people's cabinets but I imagine there have been many built since then.

My current thinking is a cabinet about 42" tall, 13" deep (10" for case, 3" for doors), and about 28" wide. Cabinet will be divided up with an open top section about 28" to house bench planes & larger joinery planes, two intermediate hinged frames ahead of those to hold chisels, rasps, measuring & marking tools, and maybe augers, then a row of open divided boxes below that to hold hollows and rounds, shoulder planes etc, and 3 rows of pull-out draws below that for bits and pieces. The doors would hold some back saws on one side and some smaller planes on the other. I quickly realised however that this will leave a lot of stuff out so have been second guessing trying to fit a "mix" of tools in one cabinet and thinking maybe separate cabinets for planes, chisels & rasps, saws etc would be a smarter option, particularly given the inevitable "growth" in tools, regardless of intent haha.

So if you have a wall hanging cabinet and want to show it off, please do. I'd like to get some ideas / inspiration!

Cheers,

Dom