All,

I wasted nearly 8 hours yesterday trying to get my sliding table parallelism adjustment back into alignment. It started when I was checking my crosscut fence using the 5 cut method. The 4th cut always ended up tapering 1/2 way thru the cut, so that it was not flat, when I turned to take the 5th cut. I checked the parallelism, and it looks to be out anywhere from .030 to .060 out at the starting end of the sliding table, I cannot seem to get it any closer than that.

I am using the marked tooth on the blade-miter slot measurement method that Grizzly recommends, and have tried a known good combination square, and digital calipers. I got it as close as .020, but the manual recommends that it should be at least .004. I cannot get it closer.

The slider on the Grizzly uses two allen bolts with a lock nut for adjustment. The difficult part for me is knowing what distance to adjust. If I close one side, the other opens up.

I am using a Forrest WWII blade. It recently, and unknowingly, knicked a pin nail in a piece of wood. The cut quality does not seem to be diminished, but I wonder if the blade has somehow changed its properties.

Anyway, I really need to get this aligned back and running correctly. I love my slider when it is working correctly. I am going to need to be able to cut some 1/8" and .090" thin strips for laminations I will be doing and need the saw working correctly for that.

I may be overadjusting. Normally a 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the adjustment bolts.

And one last question - how far away is the sliding table generally supposed to be from the blade and fixed cast iron portion of the saw? 1/8" inch? Less or more?

Any advice?

Brent