Thread: Purchase On-Line or In-Person

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It all depends on the item.
    A big thing for me is what the return policy is. Buying a large item online then having problems (or don't like) and needing to return at my expense kills a great deal quick.
    My new go to place to order is Wal-Mart. Use to be a big amazon customer. But since they raised the free shipping to $49 harder for me to meet the minimum. Wal-Mart I can place any size order and it ships free to store. Pick up same day if in stock at local store or most often less than a week ship to store. Also a big plus is all returns can be made at local store. Walmart often is the exact same price or lower than Amazon. Also items don't sit on my porch all day.
    For Amazon I place small items on my wish list and add them to an order when I need something I can not get anyplace else priced below the $49 minimum.
    I see where Amazon Prime is a good deal for some. But I don't watch many movies. and why, in my case , pay $100 year for Prime shipping if I get free shipping to store at WalMart. (Walmart is across the street from work)

FYI Walmart online is often cheaper than in store price. Laser printer cartage I use is around $12 cheaper if I order online for store pickup vs just selecting it off the shelf.

I enjoy detailing my cars. I get most of my wax, etc... at Pep Boys. They very often offer 30 % off online order for pick up in store. They are local for me so its handy.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 07-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale