I'm evaluating a project which would require drilling several hundred 3/4" holes and then reaming the holes to "slip-fit" cold rolled steel 3/4" OD tubing. If it were five holes I wouldn't think twice, and would do it myself ... though the same questions would apply.

What process steps should I use for creating these holes? Assume: measure, punch, pilot/counter, drill, ream, deburr. The holes will be drilled through 2-1/2" rectangular tubing with a .120" wall (holes - thru type - both sides of tube). Reaming I've never done. Does the implied reaming require I use a bit smaller than 3/4"? How much smaller (47/64"?) and what type of reamer works well for this application? How many bits and reamers will I burn through? Do I get HSS or Cobalt or a specific brand?

I have a reasonably good drill press (Clausing 15" with VS) but this is more metal drilling than I've done at one time. Do I outsource to a machine shop?

Didn't want to put this in the general woodworking forum because it seemed more specific to metalworking. I just hope some folks can point me in the right direction.