Thread: Who is using the Eclipse 10" QR Record clone? (PLUS any Record clone history info)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who is using the Eclipse 10" QR Record clone? (PLUS any Record clone history info)

Hello, and thanks for the answers to my question the other day about this vise.

Now I would like to hear from current and/or former owners and users of the Eclipse Vise.

The joinery on my BORG wood bench is coming along nicely, and I am now finalizing my vise research.

Initially, I had been planning to go with a LV face vise for this beast. However, as of late, I have been leaning heavily to the Eclipse, as I feel it will serve my needs better.

Reviews on this vise on Amazon and a very few other places have been pretty stellar, but I want to hear from folks I trust (creekers).

So, let's hear the good, the bad, and the ugly folks.

FWIW, I would be mounting this to a bench top 8' long, and 5" thick.(24" wide in front of a 6" wide tool well.)

Thanks all!IMG_20150615_8300.jpgIMG_20150615_56531.jpgIMG_20150615_24905.jpg
    Last edited by John McBride; 06-15-2015 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Attempt at posting bench progress pics.