This may be considered off topic, I don't know but it has to do with heating and cooling the woodshop.

I have been given a 3 1/2 ton ground source heat pump for my shop's heating and cooling needs. The unit is the type that is supposed to be connected to well water to use as a heat sink instead of an outside evaporator unit. They are known to be very efficient, I have one just like it in my house that is 2 years old, and had another one in my previous house built in 1990.

So I know these units are good and really are very efficient. This unit I have been given is 23 years old. It does operate and was working when taken out. I can get well water into my shop by digging up the yard a little bit. I will have to "engineer" some kind of method of locating the unit because of the way it was originally built and installed. The factory that built the unit is located right here in town.

I'm just wondering about my sanity. The unit does have a new condensor (A) coil put in just over a year ago. It also has a new set of valves installed 3 years ago. Really about the only thing about the unit that is 23 is the compressor. I wonder if it would be worth all the trouble that it would be to make the installation.

What do ya'll think??????????