Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my waterstones (I had a few Naniwa Superstones) with Stu's Sigma 1200, 6000, 13000 set. I also ordered the Sigma 400 and Cerax 320 to see if I could find a good course stone as well.

Anyway, I was doing a bunch of plane blade backs, and when doing that much steel I was having a hard time using the Sigma 6000 to get rid of the scratches from the Sigma 1200. So I went ahead and got a Chosera 3k to go in between those two.

I absolutely LOVE the Chosera 3k... I think it is my favorite stone of any I have ever tried. So now I am wondering if I would like the Chosera 5k as much. Out of all the Sigma stones the 6k is my least favorite (doesn't seem very fast, doesn't leave that great of a polish, easy to load if you don't watch your technique, etc.). But this is also in the grit range I have the least experience with--I only have the Naniwa SS 5k to compare it to--which leaves a much better polish than the Sigma 6k but is also a little slower.

So I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both the sigma 6k as well as the chosera 5k (and maybe some others in this grit range), and could tell me the differences and which they prefer.

Thanks!