First of all, I hope this is in the right place. I wanted to bring up my current experience that I'm having with Delta Machinery about a new drill press that I purchased so that others are aware of this and hopefully can help others avoid this situation.

I purchased a Delta 18-900L 18-inch Laser Drill Press through Amazon in January of 2014. I received the tool and personal matters came up and I wasn't able to assemble the tool for a few months. When I assembled the DP, everything seemed great until I tested the stroke, which I immediately noticed an issue where there was "hiccups" when depressing the quill.

I called Delta and they told me that I need to take the tool to my local Service Center (SC) that works with Delta warranties. I dropped the tool off and they were able to look at it a few weeks later, in which they found the issues and were going to order parts from Delta. A few months passed and I had heard nothing about the tool, so I gave the SC a call and they said they were still waiting on parts from Delta. They also told me that Delta parts are hard to come by as they have shut down many part manufacturing plants and so on.

I waited another 2 months or so and called the SC back. They let me know that they had just gotten the parts in and let me know that they attempted to use the parts sent from Delta, but the replacement parts that were sent to them were actually USED and in worse condition that the parts in my DP.

At this point, I began contacting Delta to let them know that I'm fed up with this and I no longer want the tool as I don't want a tool that I can't get parts for and when I do get parts, they could potentially be used and in worse condition than the originals. I've been going back and forth with Delta and the SC for a few weeks now and still have gone nowhere. Delta told me that there's no way that used parts were sent to the SC, but I've seen the parts and they are in fact used. So now Delta is lying to me.

Luckily, the SC said that they would work with Delta on my behalf to get them to take the machine back, which was about a week ago. I got a call today from the SC and they let me know that they've not been able to get anywhere with Delta and that they unfortunately are no longer going to be able to work on my machine as they, because of this fiasco, are no longer going to be working with Delta and will be removing them as an official SC for Delta tools.

I don't blame them, but this is getting to be very frustrating. Now I am having to contact Delta and try to get this DP returned so that I can buy an "Actual" worthy tool. I'm now awaiting a call back from the manager at Delta, but have to wait until Monday to hear back from him, but as the SC employee told me, they are not being helpful and are just trying to pass the buck.

If you've made it this far, hopefully I have changed your thoughts on Delta if you had good ones, or maybe I'm just behind in the times and everybody knows not to buy Delta tools. Unfortunately for me, I'm learning this lesson the hard way.