Tonight my wife suggests I order my table saw and have it delivered before my birthday, she was going to order it and surprise me but then thought I should be a bit more involved in the process. I am quite sure she would have purchase the correct item no less.

After much internal conflict and debate I have decided to get a Sawstop. This decision is based on two things:
1- It does appear to be a very good tool that is well built. (though the inventor could be considered a tool himself too).
2- My wife really wants me to have the safety of this machine. I want her to have buy in on a $3000+ purchase, and I do.

The saw will be 3hp 220, 36" fence, and rolling base.

I am going to hold off on this until August or September, this is prime yard work time and having that saw sitting there mostly unused while I dig trenches, paint the house, build raised flower beds, and a set of compost bins would be torture.

Another torture I am suffering is PCS v ICS.
Since I was just a wee little lad I had been told to only get a cabinet saw with a one piece cast iron trunnion. The ICS has one, the PCS does not. It seems the PCS owners are wildly happy with their saws but do they know what they are missing by not having a 1 piece trunnion? And that weight, that 250+ lbs of iron? Does that not make a difference in vibration of stability?

Oh wo is me who has a wife endorsing the purchase of expensive machine and I cannot make up my mind.

Thoughts?