Not long ago I bought a miter box. Then I realized it needed a longer saw.

Well one of my neighbor friends loved to fix old things and make them like new. Old radios, washing machines, food mixers and more. One of them I didn't even know he had was an old miter box and saw.

Well he passed away a few weeks ago. When his partner came to visit me he asked me if I needed a miter saw. He wanted me to take the miter box with it. The miter box is mostly taken apart and has a few missing, damaged or broken parts. Not sure if it is even worth trying to rehab, especially since I have the other one.

Here is all the stuff:

Miter Box 1.jpg

The settings are marked for number of pieces in a frame instead of the angles. I also couldn't find anything to identify what particular Stanley Miter Box this may be. The John Walter book doesn't have a lot on miter boxes.

Part of the positioning lever is broken off. It could be made to work. The redish colored part looks to be something Dave made as a replacement. It needs to be machined a bit more or an original part found.

Miter Box 2.jpg

Some of the screws are damaged or missing.

26%22 Miter Saw.jpg

This is the real reason for acquiring this. It was missing the medallion and a saw nut but there are a few around the shop when needed.

It looks to need a sharpening.

jtk