James, I'm really not picking on you, or just you. Multiple times over the years the material the ClearVue cyclone is made out of is spoken of this way. I wish we could at least specify what type of plastic this is. Using only the word plastic, and especially adding the term Mickey Mouse, doesn't accurately portray what this is. Ask any SWAT team member how they feel using plastic as their shield against rocks and bricks because that is the type of plastic used for the ClearVue cyclone. PTEG is pretty tough stuff, and not cheap by any means. At one time, and maybe still, PTEG was more expensive than steel. I would encourage all who feel this is a substandard cyclone to invite yourself over to see one in action. I think you might come away with a different view of this cyclone. Anyone in the DFW metroplex feel free to PM me. I'm sure I can easily set up a weekend viewing for you.
Sorry in advance if I'm stirring something up, but I felt I had to set the record straight. Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by James Conrad View Post
For the cost, amount of time to build, plastic and MDF parts, the Clearvue always came off a bit Mickey Mouse compared to other quality DC options. If it works, great, but most of the quality DC company's out there have products on the same level of cost and performance. To each his own I suppose.