Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Dave,

Sorry forgot to mention I have a shenhui G460 machine with CW-3000 water chiller.

Flow switch?
    Don't know where this is.

Door switch?
    No Door switch

Trigger wire to the tube PSU?
    Don't know which specific wires. Please see pictures below.

Key switch now faulty?
    Could be as this is where the problem started as I said above (was able to cut several acrylics - turned off key switch - changed acrylic sheet - turned on key switch - pressed Laser button - suddenly wont fire). But I checked and wires are properly connected.

It's unlikely to be a tube fault (there are other symptoms when a tube fails) but could be one of the above.
    When I fire the laser before, I can see magenta colored beam but now nothing.

Check every screw lock that holds a wire on both the mainboard and power supplies to ensure they are clamping the wires correctly.
    - not sure which of the images below is the mainboard but as for the laser tube power supply, I am trying to open it (stripped the last screw, still trying to open it), and check if the fuse is blown. The fuse for the two 220v plugs are fine.

Place a strong magnet (NdFeB if possible) on the door switch (if it has one) BE AWARE this will bypass the door safety lock, KEEP ANYTHING and EVERYTHING out of the machine working area when you test fire it.
    I am not sure if my machine has a door switch.

Locate the water flow sensor in the machine (if it has one) tap it lightly a couple of times to ensure the flow bobble isn't sticking. (also check your water supply for signs of dirt or junk, this can make the flow switch block up and cease working)
    - I believe my machine does not have a water flow sensor. I checked and the water is clean.

If these don't work drop back and we can go into a few more things

Did I mention:

Leave the machine OFF for 6 hours first
    Keep anything you don't want destroyed OUT of the working area of the machine.

cheers

Dave
    Thanks Dave!

P1130730.jpgP1140059.jpgP1140061.jpgP1140062.jpgP1140063.jpgP1140064.jpgP1140065.jpgP1140067.jpg
    Last edited by Joshua John Cruz; 12-15-2013 at 1:28 AM.