Hey, first time making a post. I recently started working in engraving and have found this forum to be extremely helpful.
We use three machines here; an Epilog, a Trotec, and a Universal V-460. The question I have is concerning the x-axis movement of the Universal. There may be a better way to convey it, but the best way I can describe this issue is to pretend I'm engraving a triangle shape (let's say a Christmas tree) where the narrowest end of the shape is at the top, gradually getting wider toward the bottom.
Using the Universal, starting from the top of the tree downward, the laser head will move the same distance, back and forth, all the way down the image.
On the other hand, if I made this shape on either of the other two machines, the laser head would only move along the x-axis as far as it needed to to draw the shape. (it would move back and forth a shorter distance at the top of the tree, and gradually move back and forth a further distance as the shape grew wider).
This makes the Universal machine slower than the other two. I understand that on just a few images the time difference can be negligible, but when we are slammed with lot of high volume engraving and tight deadlines, that time saved could really help out.

Is there a setting that can change this on the Universal? I hope this made sense, and if not, I can try to elaborate further.

Thanks,

Jacob
Charleston, SC