I know, I know beat to death but I have a few questions.

Everyone knows, or at least most poeple do, that if you wad up a rag soaked in tung oil or other various sorts of oil that the temperature will quickly rise and the rag with start on fire. (due to the oxidation of the oil.)

I have seen David Marks put them in a bucket full of water, seen them spread out to dry and yada yada.

I have just finished the first coat of tung oil on a project and it is the first time that I have ever used it so here goes the questions.

1. Once you soak them in the water bucket what do you do? I would assume that when taken out to dispose they can possible go through the same reaction and the same risk is taken. So after I have them taken out of the bucket what do I do?
2. What about the latex gloves? Do I soak them in water too or can I just wad them up and throw them out? (I put mine in the water for right now.)
3. The brush, I have soaked it in thinner for right now but I will eventually want to clean it. Do I just clean like normal or should I just throw it out? If I throw it out should it be put into the water can too? If I fully clean and dry it do I have to soak the rag that I dried it with in the water?

OR should I just get a metal can, throw everything in it, light a match, and control the burn and be done with it.

OK so maybe I am a little paranoid but I have basement shop so a fire means that I loose my house and possibly loved ones.

Maybe I should have thought of this before I started with the tung oil.