In two weekends, I'm building a buddy a workbench. He's coming from 150 miles away for a 3 day weekend, and we have to complete it in that time. He's not a woodworker. This is just a general work bench.

This is basically what it will look like:
workbench 01.jpg

The bench will be 8' x 3' with a 4" overhang on three sides. We will use 28" full extension ball bearing slides.

I need to complete this in three days. My workbench is of similar construction, and I've had a lot of trouble getting the drawers to slide smoothly. The problem is getting the vertical walls that support the drawers square and correctly spaced. I built mine with dados and rabbets, so the spacing is difficult to modify once built. I had to fine tune each drawer and it took a long time. How do I make this go together quickly and ensure I get it right the first time?

1) I was thinking about using pocket screws for the case construction. Maybe build the drawers first, install the slides, and then use the drawer+slides to position the next vertical wall. Once everything is working smoothly, secure the pocket screws. This idea seems to work for the first two rows of drawers, but the last row gets tricky.

2) Buy some drawer slides that compensate for some misalignment. Mine are pretty sensitive to misalignments. I had to get aligned to within 1/32" before they slid nicely. The drawer widths varied that much. Here are the slides I used on my bench.
http://cgi.ebay.com/28-Full-Ext-Soft...item53dbb885f8

3) I probably need to make sure the drawers are more uniform. I used rabbets at the front and dados at the back. Is there a better way to get consistency? I used a dado set on my Unisaw. Maybe a router bit set? I'll go to the building supply store instead of Lowes for plywood, maybe it's more consistent.

4) Change the way the case is constructed. How?