I'm sorta hesitant to post this. I've drooled over some of the shop tours here. Some of you have multiple tools that are each more expensive than all the tools in my shop combined.

But I finished painting my floor and a couple guys said let's see the shop, so here goes.

This is a picture of my basement shop when you first enter from coming 'round the stairs.

01_looking_in.jpg

I guess the table saw is the heart of many shops, and mine is no different. Mine is the saw that many love to hate, the venerable Ryobi BT-3000. I've made some changes to my saw: I ditched the sliding miter table and replaced it with with a shop-made miter slot. The miter slot extension hangs past the front rail, making use of extra-large cutoff sleds easy. In this configuration I can easily manage cross-cutting 24" pieces. I plan on making a newer, wider extension in the future to provide more support to the left for larger pieces.
02_table_saw_front.jpg 03_table_saw_rear.jpg

My router table is built into the right-hand side of the saw. I use the saw's fence as a router fence, too. I use the Jessem FX router lift with a DeWalt DW618 motor. The motor is located in a shop-made down-draft box for dust collection.

04_router_table.jpg 05_router_table_downdraft.jpg

This is my Inca 410 jointer/planer. It has 8-5/8" wide knives, but relatively short infeed/outfeed. The planer head hangs above my head. To switch to thicknessing I only have to remove the jointer fence and install the thicknessing head. It is a pretty fast switch-over.

06_inca_jointer.jpg 07_inca_planer.jpg

This is my Ryobi 16/32 drum sander. I purchased the unit used from a forum member elsewhere. I think I paid about $400, which is certainly higher than others have paid. I had to de-rust/repaint the stand. The bottom shelf holds my blade garage for my table saw blades. Behind that are some sharpeners. I would like to eventually replace the steel stand with a wood cabinet on casters. This is the heaviest tool in my shop, being able to roll it around would be a blessing.

08_drum_sander.jpg