Thread: barn saved, near Philly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Got the table saw outfeed table and side table built today. I used the previously mentioned discount doors to do the job. Went pretty well considering I was building on the fly. I have to get a router bit for the miter slots still, but I'll get to it soon.

The planer still needs the cart, but you can see where it'll sit in its "garage". Once in place, I have a nice long out feet (about 12 feet) and can open the overhead garage door if I need a long infeed (6 feet without the door open.. unlimited with it open).

Moved the jointer to the left of the side table. This gives me 8 feet in and 8 feet out without ever having to move it. The majority of dust collection for planer/jointer/table saw will all be hidden under the outfeed table.

Also picked up 2x4's to stud the walls on the workshop side. I have insulation already, so I'll be warmed in before the weather really turns.

I'd love to OSB the walls in the workshop too, but budget is limited and I have to pick up my band saw in 2 weeks, so I'll be living with insulation showing over there for a couple months. Oh well.

Thanks for reading :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)