Thread: Do The Vikings Have A Quarterback?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mcnabb is no spring chicken either. i can't fathom why they aren't looking harder for QB prospects after being put through the favre roller coaster every year.

edit: yes i can, why not lay it all out there. the vikings management is MIA and brad childress is incompetent.

sending a threatening letter to a player with a non-football medical problem who is also in the process of burying his recently deceased grandmother, just like they did three years ago

calling out adrian peterson for attending the parade his hometown organized to honor him, to the press

all of which gives alot of weight to the rumors that it took players to get favre to play again, childress couldn't get him back on his own because the players don't respect him

the only reason brad childress isn't fired already is brett favre. we all saw the inner turmoil when they lost home field while the saints struggled through injuries. they had one quality road win all year long (cleveland, lions, rams, green bay was the only win on the road against a playoff team), scheduling luck had as much to do with their record as quality play did. this year they have saints, jets, patriots, redskins, eagles on the road outside of the division. they don't win all 5 of those. they go 2-3 at best, probably more like 1-4 in those games. if they split with the packers and bears again, this is probably a 10/6 team.

and that's why they have these conflicts with players over training camp. of course receivers don't want to show if brett favre isn't there. they aren't stupid, they know this is the end of the line for this current team, after this year favre is gone and the vikings are back to 8-8 or 9-7, which is the best brad childress can do. and they know that when that day comes brad childress will be throwing them under the bus for the team's failures, just like he's done before.

i can sympathize, i watched a long string of bad coaches in new orleans before sean payton fell in our lap. but you don't see staints players speaking ill of sean payton to reporters in pre season. you do see that from vikings players talking about brad childress, and i think with good reason.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 08-19-2010 at 10:50 PM.