Yes, I know, I've come to the right place

I'm busy cleaning up an old ~1940 Craftsman 6" jointer for use. Model 102.05600 near as I can figure. Kind of cool, this one belonged to my grandfather, a finish carpenter back in the day. I don't remember meeting the man (I was 1 when he died), but I've seen some church furnishings he made and it's really nice to have some of his tools.

Anyhow the table height crank wheels are threaded on the shafts and held on with 1/2-24 acorn nuts. I have one nut, the other is lost to history. Without the nut you can't adjust the table, the crank wheel just spins off. When my dad had the machine he just kept the outfeed table fixed and used the nut on the infeed side. I'm a little more anal retentive than he was, so I'd like to replace the nut.

1/2-24 is NOT a common size. I've checked all of the usual places (McMaster-Carr, MSC, Grainger, etc. etc. etc.), and didn't find anything. Thanks to Google, I found a site that has some standard and nylock. It's actually a site selling MG car parts, and has some other odd threaded nuts & bolts:

http://www.mgbsource.com

Before I pay $12.95 shipping for a dollar's worth of "close enough" hardware, does anyone out there have an old 1/2-24 nut they'd be willing to send me for a few bucks? Extra credit if it's an acorn nut/cap nut. Extra credit and awe if it's off a Craftsman jointer.

I'm willing to make a donation /sacrifice to the Creek in lieu of or in addition to other payment as well.

I have posted on OWWM just now, but figured I should try here as well. Thanks much.