Thread: Just an introduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just an introduction

I am a new member and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Since I'm new I may not be familiar with the proper procedures such as if links to my site and blog are not permissible. If so , I or someone here can delete them. But it's a quick way to see just what I'm involved in.
    I have been a full time woodcarver for almost 20 yrs. with a broad range of carving projects and styles. I work by commission only so I don't have anything to directly sell to the public. So that's not my intention here. Selling.
    My intention is carving. I love it. It's my vocation as well as my avocation. I work strictly with full size chisels to carve as I said, the broadest range of carvings. These things ( chisels) to me are just amazing in what they can do. And not knowing what my clients may need or want, these give me the ability to tackle any project. My projects range from high end private homes, universities, celebrities and churches.
    My intention is to post my various projects as they come in,,give an outline of what I'm doing ,show some photo's, and answer any and all questions, but as I tend to "talk" a lot and the projects get involved I like to save them on the blog where some run into many pages and I like to keep them as a reference.
    If this presents a problem let me know now as I said I'm not familiar with you're particular rules about such things.
    And no,, I'm not here just to drive "eyes" to my blog or site. My blog is not set up as a source of income. I do it for free. I get no Pay Per Click or anything of that nature. And my site, Nothing there is for sale, it's all gone. It's strictly an on line photo album for clients around the country to see.
    So why do I bother if I can't make a buck off it?
    Along my journey there have been many who have been good to me in a variety of ways. I guess I'd have to say it's my way of "Paying it Forward"

Here is a quick example of a project that recently left my shop. It's for the face of a custom desk 5 ft wide, 30 inches high and 8 inches deep. Done in basswood yet to be finished as that will happen on site. I plan on a story showing start to finish on the blog. It's a Wisteria vine with the vines , leaves and flowers arching across the face of the desk, with the top extended to cover this carving.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    If so, I look forward to posting other projects as well if you, and time permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Yundt; 01-12-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    The Woodworking Studio