I'm a big fan of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" program on Food Network. I'm also a big fan of the kitchen cabinets displayed in this show. I like the simple, clean lines and natural finish. Does anyone know anything about them? I would someday like build cabinets like this.

As I understand it, the current set for Good Eats is an almost exact replica of an actual kitchen, owned by a producer, where the show was previously taped. Due to complaining neighbors, the production company purchased a studio and recreated that same kitchen on a soundstage.

I did some digging around and learned these "semi custom" cabinets were provided by Canac, a division of Kohler. Well, it was a division of Kohler until Kohler shut it down. Thus, I can't get any details for the cabinets.

The cabinets appear to be maple ply with maple face frames. The doors are apparenty just ply inside hardwood frames. The finish might be an amber tinted varnish.

I would appreciate any insight or observations about Alton Brown's kitchen cabs. Thanks.