I have been trying to upgrade my skills and am building a shop cabinet with 3 sections for drawers. Each section will have 9 drawers so there will be 2 pieces of plywood with back to back 1/4" dados that the bottom of the drawers will slide in . The problem I think is with my selection of material and possibly the humidity in my garage. I chose 3/4" birch plywood and find that even though flat to start with, once my dados are in and I have cut the plywood to size(approx 22"X32"), the plywood warps so much I think I will have problems with the drawers if I make all them the same size. I want them uniform. Not sure on the solution for this. The plywood has not been painted or sealed yet. I was going to put a sealer on after the base cabinet was built.

Would sealing the plywood before construction be a way to prevent the twist? If I sealed it before, the glue wouldn't work as well if at all.

Is there a better grade of plywood that won't warp as much? Oak or okoume ? I chose birch as it was the least expensive hardwood plywood.

Would I be better not using the heat and leave it cold all the time? I live on the coast so it is about 50 if I don't use heat. I don't want to leave heat on all the time but it is nice when I work out there. I do use a dehumidifier.

I appreciate the advice on this forum.

Thanks in advance, ron