Thread: Glue glass togeather?

Glue glass togeather?

Hello Everyone Hope your all having a Merry Christmas. I have a small problem. I have a customer that has ordered 35 glass plates, which is good. But the glass base they sent with them are separate. I was wondering what would be the best stuff to use to bond to pieces of glass together.

Thanks in advance
    Gene
    Gene H
    Epilog Helix 45watt

glass glue

Gene
    Try Crystal to crystal glue item #111G2.
    It is cured by UV light and holds very strong
    www.glt.com
    Dr. Rags

I once had a chemistry set that had this as one of the "experiments". If I remember correctly it was Sodium Silicate Solution that was used to form a glass bond between the two other pieces.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Epperson View Post
    I once had a chemistry set that had this as one of the "experiments". If I remember correctly it was Sodium Silicate Solution that was used to form a glass bond between the two other pieces.
    Holy cow you remember that from a chemistry set you had?!?!? Now here is a real test........what is you and your wife's anniversary?!?! Hee hee

Lisa

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.

ditto on UV glue

When cured on clean glass the glass will fail first.

I think it is Q L T vs. G L T

This link may help: http://www.qlt.com/store/merchant.mv...roduct_Count=7

For affixing crystal to crystal. Mainly for attaching bases to crystal body. A little goes a long way. Just a drop or two needed. One bottle good for affixing approximately 500 bases to crystal.

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

thistothat.com

My guess is that pretty much any thin, anaerobic glue will work. You could probably even use the glue kits for re-attaching rear-view mirrors to your windshield.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    Holy cow you remember that from a chemistry set you had?!?!? Now here is a real test........what is you and your wife's anniversary?!?! Hee hee

Lisa
    In 23 years, I haven't forgotten that one yet either.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Epperson View Post
    I remember that stuff from my chemistry set too.. If I remember right, after you opened the bottle two or three times, a little got on the glass under the metal screw top, and you never got it open again.. ha.. I also remember that most of the stuff you got in your set, would NEVER be found in a chemistry set today.. Mine had a experiment for making your own black powder.., and a little jewler loop thingy filled with radium, that you stuck real close to your eye in the dark, and could see the radioactive flashes
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it