Thread: Latest Acrylic jobs...

Latest Acrylic jobs...

Having more and more fun cutting and doing things with this acrylic...

I figured how to use clear to lift the black up off of the base by making a negative of the bottom and then glueing them together.... Both black and clear are 1/4" (+/- their tolerance thicknesses). Cherry base created by a local shop - found it to be just as cheap as catalogs and quality is a lot better - no stamp from Mexico/Polanesia/China - etc....

On the eagle, all 1/8" - I found the 1/8" mirror cheaper from local provider along with the colors. The eagle pieces were literally left overs... 1/8" black background solid. White and yellow cut to shape and glued on...

Just glad that all my Christmas orders were filled by yesterday and I had time to play....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Nice work!! (Now, if we could only get colored acrylics like that over here without special -EXPENSIVE - orders from the USA or Australia, sigh.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Steve

Great idea! Thanks.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Evolis Card Printer
    CorelDraw X5

Awesome

Those are great!
    30 Watt Laser Pro Spirit

Life is too short to drink BAD BEER!

Very nice work Steve. Nice bases too.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    Nice work!! (Now, if we could only get colored acrylics like that over here without special -EXPENSIVE - orders from the USA or Australia, sigh.)
    You can, simply spray paint the back of it any color you want and cut away!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    You can, simply spray paint the back of it any color you want and cut away!
    I do that, but it does not look quite the same as having the color all the way through. (And it would be nice to be able to get acrylic paints here instead of solvent-based ones to avoid crazing issues.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.