Thread: vector logos

vector logos

Has anyone used the sight www.vector-logos.com I hope this is a good site for everyone. I just started using this site it's good and free.Well this is or I hope to be a real contrubition to the Creek. If you have trouble opening files let me know.

Well here's to all of you fellow Creekers Wishing You a Safe and Merry Christmas.

If you do a search on this forum you will find a wealth of information about copyrighted logos. From what I have read just about the only thing you can do with someone's logo is get into trouble if they wish to pursue it and I gather a lot of them will do so. Many years ago when I was in college for computers I dwelled in the darkside and I can tell you that russian sites are well known for scanning your computer whle you are checking their site out. I did look at the site, my protection software gave me an alert about the site. There is no reason you should have to wait 45 seconds for the download button should appear except for the fact it would give them time to perhaps load something on your computer. If, after reading about copyrighted logo's, you find it absolutely necessary to download one find a site that isn't offshore. There are plenty in the USA. Call it paranoia or experience but everything about that site gave me a bad feeling. I realize you were trying to contribute a resource to the Creek and I hope that you don't take my comments as a put down. I merely want to give my feelings about the site.

Happy Holidays to you and yours
    Bill

something fishy about this site

That makes two of us that dont take this the right way. This site shouldnt be posted for the goodsakes.
    Sorry.

Don't knock these sites - they are an incredibly useful resource!

I don't know the site in question, but a similar site - www.brandsoftheworld.com - has proved really useful on several occasions.

For instance, I had to put 54 logos onto awards. The people requesting the engraving were fully authorised to do so (these were the award sponsors), yet only 8 of them managed to come up with useable artwork!

1 provided an Adobe Illustrator vector file in .eps format - briliant!
    7 provided large high resolution bitmaps - nice!
    15 sent decent but low resolution bitmaps - just a bit of work for me
    9 only had very small, low res bitmaps embedded in Word documents - Yuk! - in comes brandsoftheworld for some of these
    21 supplied their headed notepaper - again, brandsoftheworld helped for some
    1 sent a pencil sketch - managed to create something from their website logo as they weren't a world brand!

I think Brandsoftheworld is OK. However,I looked at the Russian site also and something just wasn't right there. I never did get a logo I could use, so I made my exit, never to return.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Vector-Logos

Just a note - if you look in the upper right corner you can click "EN" and get the site in English
    Brent Vander Weil
    Epilog 35W Mini
    Graphtec CE5000-60

I Agree with Michael Hunter on this.. I can't count the number of times over the years, that many of the companies ordering stuff that use there own logo, have no idea of what a commercial grade logo file should look like, I usualy get some useless .doc file. a web graphic, or .jpg with so many artifacts it looks like its covered with dust.. Or, if you ask for a .ai or .cdr file, they just load the cruddy bitmap into a .ai or .cdr and feel they have sent you exactly what you needed..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Sal, I went to the site and downloaded a couple of logos. The files were scanned with my virus software on the inbound and I monitored the connection with some other software I have to see if my computer was being scanned for ports or any attempt to be hijacked as they say. With four different types of protection software keeping an eye on the site while I was connected and downloading...everything was fine and the downloads were completed without any funny stuff going on.... Just a FYI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Garcia View Post
    Sal, I went to the site and downloaded a couple of logos. The files were scanned with my virus software on the inbound and I monitored the connection with some other software I have to see if my computer was being scanned for ports or any attempt to be hijacked as they say. With four different types of protection software keeping an eye on the site while I was connected and downloading...everything was fine and the downloads were completed without any funny stuff going on.... Just a FYI.
    Hi Phil
    Curious as to what software you use to check for ports being scanned during your download and other protection software. Can never be to safe anymore of on the net.

Thanks
    Mike

I use Online Armor, AVG anti-virus and BlackIce PC protection. Since I started using these I have never had an issue "knock on wood".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???