Thread: So Jesada is now Afinity??

So Jesada is now Afinity??

I have checked several places online and I'm finding that Jesada is now no more and the new name and place is Afinity router bits? Same family of owners.......Does anyone here have a clear understanding of what's going on? I have never heard back from Jesada on my busted bits that I got a single use from. Nothing like spending money for bits you can't get fixed or replaced by the manufacturer.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I bet it makes you want to just run right out and buy some new ones from this new company. I’m sure there better.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

I can't believe I found this

I remember reading this a while ago and I did a Goog and
    http://www.newwoodworker.com/infinqa.html

HTH
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Thanks Rich that was an interesting article. If they are the ones that owned Jesada years ago, then they had a good product. I still have a large number of bits that have served me well over the years. I hope the new company "Infinity" well.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

I hope its not against the rules but here is an interview with the owner of Infinity:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/infinqa.html

George

Thanks and now that makes sense. So-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....I STILL ain't gonna buy any more bits from Jesada.....nor Infinity.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Thumbs up

I buy Whiteside as much as possible.

After reading the article (thanks), things are making a little more sense! (Some of the following is from memory so I might be a little off).

Many many years ago, Carlo Venditto did work for Freud selling their products at a company called CMT out of NC (?) where he was CEO (or president or something). He had a run in with Freud over new products and the likes and opened his own company in Clearwater, FL called Jesada. The name Jesada came from the 1st 2 letters of this kids name.

Different posts on this forum have mentioned that Jesada was under new management (which was bad) and that is proven out in the article where Carlo sold the company sometime in 2000-2001. I guess this is were Dave Venditto came back into the picture and started Infinity Tools. (Note: remember the 1st 2 characters of the kids name --- DAve in jesaDA.

A couple of things that I do remember is that Carlo came out with the orange color on the CMT bits and carried the color to Jesada. CMT (Freud) sued and sort of won --- CMT keep the orange color but had to pay Carlo money for developing the product. Jesada then went to the "white" color.

The other thing was that Fine Woodworking magazine did an article on router bits and Jesada didn't pass --- straight bit keep breaking. Jesada fought the article but it turned out Fine Woodworking was correct and Jesada found the problem with their bit(s).

Dennis --- maybe you got a hold of some of these bad bits?

I have been buying only Freud bits for the last 4 years or so and am planning or continuing as they seem to be pretty good. Or at least I start hearing good things about Infinity Tools.

Regards, Joe

I have a copy of that Fine Woodworking article and the Whiteside came out on top...Freud came in close tho.

Infinity is not Jesada made over.

Yes, it has been started and is owned by one of the kids of the man that started Jesada, David Venditto.

David sent me a sample bit. It is of the same or better quality of the bits Jesada was turning out 4 years ago. I woulnd't be afraid of buying some Infinity bits or other products he is selling at this time. He is not carrying every router bit on the market at this time. I'm sure he is trying to build capital by carrying some good sellers.

You can call and speak directly with David at 877-872-2487.

In the past I have reviewed Infinity bits and have more int he process. Also, we did the Q&A with David Venditto, the owner of Infinity a little while ago as mentioned above.
    For what it's worth, I have heard from many Infinity customers since, all of which are very happy with the bits and the service. I know some people just can't get this Jesada/Infinity connection out of their heads despite there never being anything to it, but I think Infinity is worth a shot. Venditto is working hard at putting out good products with very good customer service. Woodworking could use more people with that kind of attitude.

http://www.infinitytools.com

And, for the aluminum foil in the hat crowd: No I do not own part of Infinity, work for them, live in the back room nor am I hiding their spaceship.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"