Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any woodworking motorcyclists?

a cb350 was and is a fine motorcycle, i have a friend in ballentine sc who specializes in trading those hondas "just a hobby motors"

it is facinating how many ct70 motorcycles are still running

jim

here's mine. Unfortunately lately golf has won out over motorcycle. I wish I had more time in the summer to do both. My last bike did a trip up to and around Nova Scotia, this one has been to Sturgis, Canada, and most of the Northeast, but not in the last few years.
    There are lots of great bikes made today but I like the fact that this one is rather unique as a six-cylinder, and is everything I would want it to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The cb350 runs ok. When it is cold only the right cylider fires. Once it gets warm then the left comes in. I cleaned the carbs when I got it but I think that needs to be done again. The starter is also locked up so it has to be kick started. That isn't that big of a deal unless it hasn't run in months. In order to get it started then I have to spray carb spray into the cylinder repetadly to get it running. But I am saving it for my son to learn on once he gets old enough. He is only 15 months now so I have a while to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    here's mine. Unfortunately lately golf has won out over motorcycle. I wish I had more time in the summer to do both. My last bike did a trip up to and around Nova Scotia, this one has been to Sturgis, Canada, and most of the Northeast, but not in the last few years.
    There are lots of great bikes made today but I like the fact that this one is rather unique as a six-cylinder, and is everything I would want it to be.
    Ah Rick...... A beaut of a Valk.!!!!! Very nice machines and a beauty in their own right.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    a cb350 was and is a fine motorcycle, i have a friend in ballentine sc who specializes in trading those hondas "just a hobby motors"

it is facinating how many ct70 motorcycles are still running

jim

Correct.!!! CB350 is a great machine!!! I used to have and ride a CL350 (Street/Trail) that was heavy as lead, but had power to spare. It was much like this one right here.

BTW, my dad bought me a brand new Honda MiniTrail 50 when I was 6 years old. I rode that thing every where and I sold it, still running and in very fine shape when I was 17 years old. Even then, it still had power to do wheelies and carry my lead-butt down the road at a decent clip.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 12-23-2008 at 8:32 PM.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

My first bike was a Hodaka Super Rat, great bike for playing in the dirt. When I was 21, I picked up a sweet 78 Suzuki GS750E, got hit the first summer. A friend helped me get it upstairs into my third floor apartment where I did a frame off restoration, it was a great winter project, rode it solo the next summer to Yosemite National Park. That trip kept a smile on my face that lead me to do the same trip five years in a row. Then I added a BMW R65LS, had a run in with a deer, both the deer and the bike were DOA. A guy picked me and the bike up and took us to Springfield MO where I bought a BMW R100RS and rode home, between the Suzuki and the first BMW I picked up a 75 RD350B, that bike is setup for rode racing (lots of fun).

Heather
    Last edited by Heather Thompson; 12-24-2008 at 9:35 AM.
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Had a Harley a few years back, loved it and there is nothing like it but when I almost got ran over by stupid people on the road I sold it. I have had my eye on a Wing for some time now and might fancy one in the future!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.