Thread: The best thing about Thanksgiving

The best thing about Thanksgiving

Leftovers!

MMMMMMM.

Oops - just dropped some stuffing on the keyboard.
    Last edited by Matt Ocel; 11-29-2008 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Oops - just dropped some stuffing on the keyboard.

Well, since we had our T-Day dinner at someone else's house, our leftovers were limited to...the half of a flour-less chocolate cake we brought home. But I'll probably have the turkey & stuffing sandwich at Friendly's after our equestrian activities today. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We grilled steaks instead of the traditional fare this year. Except for the 4 pound potatoes we baked, and some pie, there were no leftovers!! But a friend of my parents who lost her husband 7 weeks ago joined us and brought a pecan pie that was to die for! Was made with Kalua (sp? I don't drink). Man was it rich. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ocel View Post
    Leftovers!

MMMMMMM.

Oops - just dropped some stuffing on the keyboard.

In the spirit of Christmas, to mis quote Tiny Tim, "I hate you, one and all"!

OK, so I don't hate any of you, however it's rather inconsiderate to talk of Thanksgiving leftovers when our Thanksgiving was more than 6 weeks ago.

Nothing better than leftover turkey sandwiches on pumperknickel bread, with lettuce and cranberry sauce..mmmm.

Enjoy the left-overs Matt..........Regards, Rod.

Rod, there was nothing stopping you from celebrating Thanksgiving again just for the heck of it!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

TG this year was just the two of us but I HAD to have turkey so I did a small 10 lb. bird with basic trimmings only. It's now day four of the "turkey trot" and I can't believe how much meat is still left. Any cows in the area better watch their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Rod, there was nothing stopping you from celebrating Thanksgiving again just for the heck of it!!
    Good advice Jim, I'll remember that for next year and celibrate Thanksgiving twice.

In fact that could become a Creeker tradition, most of us own more than one router, why not enjoy more than one Thanksgiving?

So next year, my virtual American friends can enjoy a first Thanksgiving on October 12, and we virtual Canadian friends can enjoy a second Thanksgiving on November 26.

regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 12-01-2008 at 11:24 AM.