Thread: Anyone Own the JDS 750 ER Air Filtration Unit?

Anyone Own the JDS 750 ER Air Filtration Unit?

I am about to bite the bullet and purchase the JDS 750 ER. According to most reviews, it seems to be the best system. My only hesitation, outside the $349 price tag, is how loud/quiet it is. Seems to have mixed reviews on that part. If anyone has one or can provide some more info on that I would appreciate it.

Jeff

Blog Entries
    My dad hasn't been posting for awhile so I'll butt in for him. His is at a height of about 9 feet. On low it is hard to tell it is on, medium is noticeable, high is definitely there but you can certainly talk over it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have this unit (that I picked up from Amazon for around $180 a while back) and am pleased with it and my father has the JET equivalent. It's relatively quiet at the low speed, but gets decently loud at high speed. Definitely quieter than a shop vac though. Comparing it to the JET, they are about the same in the noise department. The remote, speeds and programmed timers are nice and the filters are easy to change out, again about the same as the JET with a slight nod to the JDS. The filtering ability is very good, but it's not going to replace good dust collection....again, about the same as the JET. If I had to choose between the two I'd get the cheaper one.

One note about packaging/shipping, there's not a lot of padding in there. My first one arrived damaged with the case so tweaked the motor and fan blade wouldn't turn so I sent it back for a new one. Interestingly enough, Amazon must re-sell damaged their goods (or their shipper does) because I got a call from some guy in Indiana that had purchased the unit complaining that it didn't work and asking if I had returned it. Guess I left the original shipping label on the box and he looked me up.

Michael

My unit also arrived damaged. I made the choice to keep it and straighten the damaged external parts myself; the damage did not effect its operation. I bought it based on consistent high reviews from the trade mags. Plus, I liked some of its design features. It is mounted on the ceiling at about 8 to 9 feet in the center of my 2-car garage shop. I love the remote control and the ability to have it shut off at 1, 2, 3 or 4 hours after I leave the shop. I don't find the noise level bad. I rather like the white noise. I bought it while at the Atlanta Woodworking Show last August and paid about $300 for it with free shipping (a show special).

Hi Jeff,

I have the JDS 750 air filter unit hanging from my shop ceiling which is only 7 feet 4 inches high. My 6' 2" friends just clear it. It's a small shop, 8 x 22 feet, so the whatever noise it makes is right on top of my head. It seems to do an excellent job and the beauty of it is the infinitely adjustable fan speed. This unit doesn't have the remote control (wasn't part of the design) but it's so close to my head I can easily reach up to turn the fan speed knob. Just as others have said, at low speed it is barely audible but it can get to be a wind tunnel at high. I find it to be very easy to live with thanks to the speed (and therein loudness) control. I have been very happy with mine.

Vivian

Thanks everyone, I placed the order for the unit today. Hopefully, it won't be too loud. I purchased the Delta 50-760 DC last month, so between the two of them, I hope to get my dust problem under control. Thanks again for the help.

Jeff