Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: June FREEStuff Every Day! - Smart Circular Saw Bases

Pleased indeed!

Just happen to have had some tearout on plywood recently. I look forward to trying it out!

Tony

Cool...another Cali-dude one won!!! hehehe....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Hey Aaron...

Who were the last 4 winners?

I'm sure it's not me, since I never win drawings, raffles, lotteries and the like, but it'd be nice to see all the names.

[Edit: I saw the list in Aaron's first post, but it stopped at June 26. I apparently skipped right over the part wheree Aaron said "through the last Saturday in June". My bad!]
    Last edited by Sam Chambers; 07-02-2004 at 2:26 AM.
    Sam/Atlanta

Sam, go to the first page of this thread. Aaron keeps a running account of all winners at the end of his first post.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Chambers
    Who were the last 4 winners?

I'm sure it's not me, since I never win drawings, raffles, lotteries and the like, but it'd be nice to see all the names.

'Ya know...I'm not even sure *why* in the heck I even bother looking at this thread! I should KNOW better! Well, at least I still retain the position as poster boy for the "Bad Luck Club"! Hey, congrats to ALL the winners! It's really a fine base and the whole system is pretty kick-butt, as well!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

So... John. You have the base or the whole system? And you were trying to steal another one from us deserving folks? That's almost as bad as a couple of the guys who *did* win! Jeeze! You should automatically be "un-entered" in these drawings. How come you get to be the poster boy? Just because you're more photogenic or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    'Ya know...I'm not even sure *why* in the heck I even bother looking at this thread! I should KNOW better! Well, at least I still retain the position as poster boy for the "Bad Luck Club"! Hey, congrats to ALL the winners! It's really a fine base and the whole system is pretty kick-butt, as well!

Dave, I've got the whole she-bang. It's really a SUPER system! I have yet to setup the table, though, as other projects have taken priority, though I am going to try and get the lumber prepped for it this weekend and assemble the thing. I've got another mini-project coming up, which will require cutting down sheet goods, so it'll come in real handy for that. My opinion on the system, thus far? Quite simply, if a guy already has a good circular saw, (in my case, I have three!), then this system is for you! I had considered the Festool system for a long time, but just couldn't justify it, because I already had these other saws available.

At any rate, the SG-1 really rocks! The folks winning the systems for the FPP SG-1 auction, I'm sure will attest to this! Believe me, if I already didn't have the system, I'd be bidding on the ones being donated by Dino right now!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John, when you get it all assembled and give it a trial run please post a 10 page review. I have a good circular saw with a pretty decent blade even. ...and no table saw... So I am a prime candidate.

Any offers?

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Dave, I've got the whole she-bang. It's really a SUPER system! I have yet to setup the table, though, as other projects have taken priority, though I am going to try and get the lumber prepped for it this weekend and assemble the thing. I've got another mini-project coming up, which will require cutting down sheet goods, so it'll come in real handy for that. My opinion on the system, thus far? Quite simply, if a guy already has a good circular saw, (in my case, I have three!), then this system is for you! I had considered the Festool system for a long time, but just couldn't justify it, because I already had these other saws available.

At any rate, the SG-1 really rocks! The folks winning the systems for the FPP SG-1 auction, I'm sure will attest to this! Believe me, if I already didn't have the system, I'd be bidding on the ones being donated by Dino right now!

John,

The table top is pretty cool. Built it pretty quickly a couple of weeks back. Haven't had the chance to actually use it, but it looks just about right to me.

- Ed